Basic & Advanced Training - Council, District and Commissioner
Basic Training for your position has been made simple, just follow these 3 simple steps:
Step 1 - Position Requirements
Step 2 - Online Courses
Visit My.Scouting.org to take those courses offered online.
Select HOME> My Dashboard and then select each of the 4 horizontal tabs to learn more:
- YPT: You must complete the Youth Protection Training course for your position to be registered.
- Training Center: Select CUB SCOUTING and complete Leader Position Specific Training
- Requirements: Here you'll find a list of every position you are currently registered for with the associated courses required for 'Basic Training'.
- Completions: A list of all training you have completed to date. Please contact your Unit Training Chair with a copy of your training documents if any of your training is missing and it can be recorded.
Step 3 - Classroom Courses
Check below to see classroom courses being offered in our Council or check the Calendar
- COR Training - Chartered Organization Representative training provides an introduction to the responsibilities, opportunities, and resources that will ensure a successful experience for the COR. This training is good for COR's in all units; Pack, Troop, Team and Crew. There is no fee for this class. Council Training Center 9am-12pm, March 18 or 6pm-9pm, March 22. For any questions on this course please contact Andy McCreight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of Commissioner Science is scheduled for October 14, 2017a the Council Training Center. Registration begins at 8am. There will be seven one hour course sessions beginning at 8:30am and ending at 4pm with a half hour lunch between sessions 3 and 4.
The 2017 curriculum includes both Commissioner and Roundtable Commissioner bachelors tracks as well as Masters and Doctorate tracks for Commissioners.
- CCS Registration Information
- CCS Degree Requirements
- CCS Doctoral Guidebook
- Pack Succession Worksheet
- Troop Succession Worksheet
- Unit Succession Planning Presentation
COR Training - Chartered Org Rep March 18, 2017
COR Training - Chartered Org Rep March 22, 2017
Unit Commissioner Basic Training June 10, 2017
College of Commissioner Science October 14, 2017