Basic Training - Cub Scouts
Basic Training for your position has been made simple, just follow these 3 simple steps:
Step 1 - Position Requirements
Look up your position to see which courses are required to be 'Basic Trained': Trained Leader Requirements
Step 2 - Online Courses
Visit My.Scouting.org to take those courses offered online.
Select HOME> My Dashboard and become familiar with each of the 4 horizontal tabs in the My Training menu:
- YPT: You must complete the Youth Protection Training course for your position to be registered.
- Training Center: Select the BSA program you are registered with and complete the Leader Position Specific Training.
- Requirements: Here you'll find a list of every position you are currently registered for with the associated courses required for 'Basic Training'.
- Completions: A list of all training you have completed to date. Please contact your Unit Training Chair with a copy of your training documents if any of your training is missing and it can be recorded.
Step 3 - Classroom Courses
Check below to see classroom courses being offered in our Council or check the Calendar:
Course Information and Locations:
- CLST - Cub Leader Specific Training is designed for Cubmasters, Tiger Cub Den Leaders, Wolf and Bear Leaders, Webelos Leaders, Pack Committee Members and their assistants and covers the fundamentals of developing and leading a successful Cub Scout Program. 8AM-1PM.
August CLST Flyer. Class is held at Camp Alexander.
- BALOO - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation is a one-day training event that introduces parents and leaders to the skills needed to plan and conduct a pack outdoor activity, particularly camping. BALOO includes information on preparation, site selection, parent involvement, health and safety, equipment, food, and outdoors skills. This training is required for any adult who is in charge of planning a pack campout. 8AM-6PM.
April BALOO Flyer. Class held at Camp Alexander.
- OLSWL - Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders is designed specifically for Webelos Den Leaders and their assistants. This course teaches outdoor-related skills, through demonstration and hands-on practice. Webelos Den Leaders should attend this training before conducting Webelos overnight camping with the boys and parents of the den. This training includes three meals, a cracker barrel, site fees and course materials. 6PM Friday to 9PM Saturday.
August and September Classes held at Glen Aspen Ranch.
- COR Training - Chartered Organization Representative training provides an introduction to the responsibilities, opportunities, and resources that will ensure a successful experience for the COR. This training is good for COR's in all units; Pack, Troop, Team and Crew. There is no fee for this class. Council Training Center, 9am-12pm, March 18 or 6pm-9pm, March 22. Please click HERE to register.
CLST - Cub Leader Specific Training April 29, 2017
BALOO - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation June 03, 2017Register Today
CLST - Cub Leader Specific Training August 05, 2017
BALOO - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation August 26, 2017
OLSWL - outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders September 15, 2017 to September 16
BALOO - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation September 16, 2017
CLST - Cub Leader Specific Training November 18, 2017